1. Creating a forum account?

To receive your confirmation email, please do not use email from ...

hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com, outlook.com

2. Looking for a club?

Click HERE to join the Facebook Group.

[AVL] League Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Draxla, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Draxla New Member

Marketing & Design
    As many of you have seen, our goal is to bring you the most exciting simulation league anyone has ever seen, and one that emulates real life as much as possible. With the addition of contracts, weekly wages, veteran benefits, and both offseason and mid season transfer windows, we are looking forward to giving you the best AVL yet. With that being said, feedback from the community is more than welcome, whether criticism or positive, we want to hear from you!
    So if you have any ideas that could help make our idea for this league even better, drop a comment below!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  2. Shields l 21 #Used2bShields
    Staff Member

I think all of this if done correctly is a great idea; and if not, it could get very confusing and troublesome very quickly for the managers. I am very excited for this AVL and as a former Estrellas member, I have great faith in you. Word of advice, Don't turn into Laing lol.

3. l Sanders l New Member

What will the 'Veteran benefits' include ?

4. Viva Reyes New Member

Expand into La Liga por favor :rolleyes:

5. Adrian i10 VPN Admin

The prospect idea is to give more freedom to the Veteran player in terms of choosing a new club as a reward for fulfilling his contract.

6. Dida l 4 l New Member

FIFA.
    keep MLS kits.

7. Adrian i10 VPN Admin

I want to be allowed to manager Derby County, can't wait till AVL is 60 teams-big to manage the team I want :(

8. l Kevinho l New Member

I am honestly worried about this new format in which players are put on a team for a # of seasons....because at the end of the contract, as Adrian said, they have more freedom to join any team they want. So I fear that a super team is more possible.

9. l Kevinho l New Member

And.... We should just NOT do contracts. Do the BPL kits, the same league format, but do away with this contract, weekly wages BS. Too risky....I don't know what was so bad about the way it was.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  10. Adrian i10 VPN Admin

Contracts seem useless to me, Managers don't plan to stay as managers of the same team for more than 1 or 2 seasons, but they do recycle the players when they move to a different team

11. Draxla New Member

Marketing & Design
    [MENTION=211]l Kevinho l[/MENTION] - No when the contracts end, they get put into a pool with the new players who are joining the league that season and teams will be able to rebid on them.

12. Aclrian New Member

Players need some type of power and the contract gives it to them. That veteran thing is a marvelous idea. I should be rewarded for suffering two seasons with a shit team becaus bein all honesty ppl bitch about good players not playing but no one enjoys playing for a shitty team. At lest if ya know you dont have to suffer 2 seasons seems sorta bearable. And having consecutive seaons is awesome. Its going allow for teams to be built over a period of time instead of something new every single time. Because some people have never been lucky enough to be a on a good avl team.