1. Creating a forum account?

To receive your confirmation email, please do not use email from ...

hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com, outlook.com

2. Looking for a club?

Click HERE to join the Facebook Group.

ACL Stats - No Love for Unsung Heros

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francheesey, Mar 11, 2015.

1. francheesey New Member

Stats on the ACL leaderboards give credit to goal scorers, assist leaders, and players with defensive clean sheets. This shines a lot of light on forwards, GKs, and defenders. Players who play attacking and defensive midfield provide a lot of intangibles to a squad including interceptions and tackles. Defensive mids play a huge role in protecting the back line and in some regards, plays an integral part in the those defensive clean sheets credited to defenders.

I know it means more work for statistic input from managers, but adding additional stats could mean a lot for role players who put in a lot of work and get little recognition in the league via stats. The only place currently where a defensive midfielder can get recognition is through MOTM awards. It's a shame when you make 5 interceptions and 5-10 tackles in a game and the only place you can see it is hopefully on a video replay on youtube. Thoughts?

rossor986, XxSmarTz and Red Cafu like this.
  2. KnucklesWhite New Member

I haven't tried to input this to a match report yet..but is it possible to credit a clean sheet to a defensive mid? If so, might be something a manager would consider if appropriate for the playstyle of a CDM.

3. Staff Member

That is not possible. It automatically credits all defense and GK. Nothing more.

And I'm in agreement with cheesy. We cdm's get little to no credit in stats.

rossor986, XxSmarTz, Red Cafu and 2 others like this.
  4. KnucklesWhite New Member

Which stat should be the determining factor....# of tackles, ints, clearances?

I agree there is a need for recognition , but whats the benchmark for great cdm play?

5. SwainAFC New Member

That's how DM works, the unsung heroes. If you want stats I guess you need to start playing another position lol

6. Staff Member

That's where I haven't got the slightest clue on what stat to focus in on. I'd say INT and tackles are most important. Clearances, not so much. But I feel like it's way too easy to skew those numbers if the stat keeper lacks some integrity. But that's a joke for another time.

7. francheesey New Member

I agree with foehammer. Interceptions and tackles would be the stats that would benefit CDMs. But those additional stats would also benefit players in all positions. It would give more depth to a player's portfolio and help out with scouting as well. Even CBs could get more recognition for being solid tacklers or interceptors of the ball. For instance, let's say a CB plays for a D2 team or a middle table D1 squad and his team has very few defensive clean sheets. If he is unhappy with his team and is looking to move to a better squad, it would do him a lot of good to be able to show that he has a high defensive rate and is strong in tackling if his stats showed it. But at least the CB has the clean sheet stat. A solid CDM looking to move to a better squad has little to no stats to show and only has a couple of "tryout" games to make or break his chances of getting in the team.

XxSmarTz likes this.
  8. Cannibal Llamas New Member

It's kind of hard to judge how good defenders actually are as well because there are a lot of uncontrollable factors for a defender that determine whether or not he gets a CS.

XxSmarTz and francheesey like this.
  9. francheesey New Member

It's not about pride in stats. It's about being able to show that you are a strong player statistically-wise for scouting and transfer purposes.

10. KnucklesWhite New Member

If tackles + ints - turnovers = 10(?) or more.

BOSS stat

11. King J0ffrey New Member

dON'T ADD STATS, So freaking long and honestly the Tackle stats is broken as fuck as LT Tackle don't count.. And who give a shit about them honestly....

People will recognize when a team have a good CDM has youll see his name pop-out often.

Janye West likes this.
  12. francheesey New Member

Have to disagree Joffrey. I don't have a problem entering the stats. The idea for this league is to offer a greater more competitive experience than clubs that is offered by EA, something more in depth. EA can quantify passing percentage, tackles etc., why can't we? Leagues throughout the world track stats for players, even stats as detailed as key passes and arial balls won. I'm not asking for something crazy like that, but stats like interceptions and tackles are quantified at the end of each game and would be simple to input. I think it offers more depth and detail to the league that other leagues wouldn't offer. It does demand more from management, but if you have a co-manager who handles stats only, it's really not that much more work.

For me, like i said above, it is about showing statistically-wise that a player is solid and gives a better look for a manager than just a few tryout games. It shows what he accomplished in real 11v11 competition in season games. And let's be honest, there are alot of egos in this league and I'm sure there are plenty of people who want to be recognized through other stats, instead of giving all the limelight to strikers for goals scored. Granted, most CDMs, including myself arent looking for a pat on the back and just want to do their part for the win.

13. Staff Member

I'm not sure it's about name recognition as much as it is ability recognition. The argument is that CDM's are overlooked in a way when it comes to stats. Everyone has an idea who the best CDM's are in the league, it's those that aren't a huge name that could benefit the most from some sort of stat based boost.

rossor986, XxSmarTz and francheesey like this.
  14. l Isco l New Member

Great thread, didn't bother to read more than the first comment. But here's my thoughts on it. In VPFL we recorded ALL stats I literally mean all, key passes, dribbles, tackles, clearances, goals and assists. I'm sure everyone would prefer we do that here as well (not saying VPFL was better) because like the first post said, it gives better insight to a players talent and its a little more black and white on which defenders take the edge in TOTW's and such.

Really simple to do, after a game all managers just flash through all their players "in depth stats tab" (whatever the one is that shows key passes). And once you get to the end you double tap the Xbox button then "X" to record the last 30 seconds, this way you can avoid the "next match timer".

Alternatively you could have your "team streamer" archive the game and the stats there after. Obviously you can just fly through the stats initially to record them quickly, then in your game highlights you can pause the video on each player to read it.

I'm retarded and this only took me 5 extra minutes after the games to complete back in VPFL.

Thoughts?

XxSmarTz and francheesey like this.
  15. Purpzzz New Member

Those stats will never get recorded while that timer is there.

16. Purpzzz New Member

CDM is the equivalent of lineman in the NFL.. If u want a flashy position id say try ST or CAM.

l Isco l likes this.
  17. nojsoccer12 New Member

with how quickly it takes you out of a game it is near impossible to get correct stats, give CDM's the clean sheets they deserve and maybe next year when they fix the "next match" shit the league could potentially add additional stats for midfielders.

Purpzzz likes this.
  18. francheesey New Member

As I responded to a similar response earlier, gaining these stats is not about flash or ego. It's about helping players get noticed by other managers and giving them the tools they need to advance to better squads or other transfer opportunities. Defensive linemen in the NFL are always credited with sacks, batted balls and even interceptions when they rarely occur. The sack stat is a huge statistic for those guys. Notice how every game you watch on tv, they give the lineman's sack totals for the year. Couldnt a sack be the equivalent and just as important to a tackle in fifa? I say they are similar.

19. francheesey New Member

If you're squad records or streams their games, it's very easy. As l Isco l mentioned earlier.

20. l Isco l New Member

tgpdtp ? Is this even worth wasting our breath on? Seems doable for me, managers just take an extra 5 minutes after a game to look at the stats.

21. l Isco l New Member

Then again, I'm a little bit more motivated/inclined to help the league and be involved than most.

22. TGxCFD15 #BestAdmin
    Staff Member

i dont code the vpn app, so i cant tell you. P3Rr0 Alex is the coder

23. l Isco l New Member

Read my post. Is that something that as a vet, you'd be interested in? Or naw?

Not necessarily have you implement it but is it something you'd find interesting?

24. francheesey New Member

Hear, hear

25. TGxCFD15 #BestAdmin
    Staff Member

i'm only interested in it if most managers actually fill out the stats. i can tell you from experience that managers are lazy when it comes to stats and some dont even report matches when they lose